Dr Marlene Tham has done a number of interviews and talks discussing the management of Obesity and Mental Health, psychotropic weight gain and treating metabolic syndrome for HealthEd GP education days. Below are the videos of these education events. The aim of these videos is to improve the management in these extremely important topics for General Practitioners, allied health and nurses.
You can access these videos below.
Video 1: Management of Obesity
- Are anti-obesity medications safe in people with mental illness?
- When should people with with Mental Illness have bariatric surgery?
- What can GPs do to help overweight patient
Video 2: Obesity and Mental Health
- Why discuss weight gain when prescribing a psychotropic?
- Should medications be changed due to risk of weight gain?
- What psychological strategies help with emotional eating?
Video 3: Management of Metabolic Syndrome in Mental Illness
– Sydney, October 2017