Spicy garlic lamb skewers
A classic recipe that can be grilled or barbecued that all members of the family would eat whether they are on a weight loss journey or not, meaning not having to cook 2 meals. Full of iron and nutrients that would provide energy.
Time taken: 20mins
Serves : 4
500 gms lamb fillets
1 garlic clove,crushed
80 gms grated brown onion
1 tsp grated lemon rind
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp chopped rosemary
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
60ml olive oil
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers in water for an hour.
- Cut lamb into 2 cm pieces and thread them onto the skewers.
- Mix all the ingredients and pour the mixture onto the skewers in a shallow dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Drain the skewers and set aside the marinade.
- Cook skewers on a heated oiled grill, brushing with the marinade occasionally till cooked