Shaved Turkey, Tomato and Red Onion Omelette
Eggs are good for you. The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) and CSIRO, two very important advisory health bodies, have given eggs the green light. They are the prefect breakfast, giving a great start to the day especially in an omelette. Eggs have 11 essential vitamins and minerals. Recent evidence shows that daily consumption does not lead to an increased risk of coronary heart disease, saturated fats and can be eaten daily even if you have diabetes or other cardiometabolic conditions. Turkey is a super food and is one of the leanest meats around. It full of nutrients, particularly niacin, selenium, vitamins B6 and B12, and zinc.
Time Taken: 10 mins
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsps water
- 1 handful parsley, finely chopped
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- olive oil spray
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 50gm shaved turkey breast
- Spring onion for garnish (optional)
1. Cut tomato in half, scoop out seeds and finely chop.
2. Whisk egg, egg whites and water.
3. Combine with parsley and half the chopped tomato and season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spray with olive oil when hot.
5. Add onion and cook for 1-2 mins.
6. Add mixture and spread evenly over base of pan and cook for 1-2 mins .
7. Place turkey on one half of the omelette and use a spatula to fold omelette in
half so that the turkey are covered.
8. Slide omelette onto plate and top with remaining tomato and cracked pepper before
9. Chop up some spring onion for garnish