Chinese Spring Onion Lamb
Chinese stir fries are an excellent, quick meal which is delicious and uses very little oil. Chinese rice wine adds a robust flavour that enhances iron rich meats such as lamb. As we know, we need iron to help us to keep mentally on top and to be able to exercise with energy. A great, quick, weeknight dinner.
Time Taken: 20 minutes
Serves : 4
600 gm lean lamb leg steak or eye of loin fillets, sliced thinly
1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
60 ml soy sauce 1/2 teaspoon white pepper 6 spring onions
2 tablespoons olive oil
750 g choy sum, cut into 10 cm lengths
3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Put the lamb in a bowl with the rice wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the white pepper and mix.
- Cover and chill for 10 minutes.
- Slice the spring onions diagonally into 3- 4 cm lengths.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- Heat a wok over high heat, add 1/2 tablespoon oil and toss
- Add the choy sum, stir-fry, then add 1 clove garlic and 1 tablespoon soy sau
- Cook for 3 minutes, or until crisp.
- Take the wok off the heat, remove the greens and keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and add the lamb and stir-fry over high heat for 1-2 minutes
- Remove from the wok and add the spring onion and remaining garlic and stir-fry for1-2 minutes.
- Combine remaining soy sauce and pour into the wok, stirring for 1 minute.
- Return the lamb to the wok and stir-fry for another minute until heated through.
- Serve immediately with the stir-fried greens.